Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New Priest-in-Charge of St. Stephen's, Fargo


September 18, 2008
Bl. Edward Bouverie Pusey

Dear friends,

Last evening, the Vestry of St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church in Fargo offered me a call as Priest-in-Charge. I have gratefully accepted the call and will begin my duties there on October 1. A Renewal of Ministry service will be held at St. Stephen’s on Thursday, Oct. 16 at 7:00 PM.

As some of you might know, St. Stephen’s is the first Episcopal Church I ever attended, so to serve there as Priest has deep personal significance for me.

I will continue to serve the Diocese as Assistant to the Bishop for Communications, as well as various other Diocesan ministries. I will also keep regular hours in the Diocesan office during the week, so you can always contact me there anytime.

I will also continue teaching at the University of Mary's Fargo campus.

As joyful as this news is, it is also bittersweet since I will be ending my ministries at Gethsemane Cathedral after nine years and All Saints, Valley City, after two years. I have been blessed to serve two wonderful congregations and I have been especially enjoyed serving alongside Dean Steve Sellers, the assisting Cathedral clergy and Cathedral Coordinator, Leisha Woltjer and Fr. Chuck Henley and Pat Fearing at All Saints.

St Stephen’s is located at
120 20 Avenue North
Fargo, ND 58102
http://www.ststephens-fargo.org/

I will also be moving into the Rectory of St. Stephen’s by October 1, so I can better serve the congregation. The address of the rectory is:
117 20 Ave. North
Fargo, ND 58102
701-298-3025
(It is located just behind St. Stephen's)

My cell phone will remain the same: 701-793-1953

I now ask your prayers and best wishes as I begin this new venture. I also ask your prayers and best wishes for my family and for St. Stephen’s during this time of transition.

- peace,
Jamie+

No comments:

2 Easter

April 6, 2024 John 20.19-31 + There’s a book I reference quite regularly, if you’ve heard me preach for any period of time.   It’s Out...