Tuesday, May 3, 2016

One year teetotaling

So, it has been one year since I gave up all alcohol & started living the teetotaler life. I know some people have been just baffled by this weirdly ascetic life I have taken on (vegan, teetotaling, no-aspertame, etc), but I can say, in all honesty, that the benefits far outnumber the sacrifices. I have never felt healthier in my entire life—something I never thought would ever be possible again when I was diagnosed with cancer almost 15 years ago. While other people my age are starting to experience serious health issues, I feel like I’m 25. It’s been an incredible experience. Plus, there is one unexpected benefit: the first few months after giving up alcohol, I kept noticing a substantial surplus in my finances at the end of each month: “virgin” mojitos are, in comparison to what I was drinking before, amazingly cheap! 


No comments:

2 Easter

April 6, 2024 John 20.19-31 + There’s a book I reference quite regularly, if you’ve heard me preach for any period of time.   It’s Out...