Saturday, March 30, 2013

Fr. Jamie's Easter letter

Easter, 2013

“Rise heart; thy Lord is risen.”
                  —George Herbert

Greetings St. Stephen’s family!

Anyone who knows me knows this: Easter is, by far, my favorite Season in the Church Year. I love it not only for the Paschal Mystery we celebrate and contemplate; I love it as well because of its promise of renewal and rebirth.

We, at St. Stephen’s, understand fully what renewal and rebirth are. We are currently in the midst of this new life. And we know how wonderful and truly miraculous it can be at times.

During this Easter Season I would like to extend to you my blessings and deepest gratitude. St. Stephen’s has become a place and community in which I am finding myself rejoicing and giving thanks on a daily basis. Truly I have seen here in church community, the miracle of renewal and rebirth every Sunday and oftentimes every day.

So, please do celebrate the Paschal Mystery of Christ’s victory over death, as well as all the ways in which we have experienced rebirth and renewal in our lives by worshipping at St. Stephen’s this Easter Season.

And again, please know of my deepest gratitude and joy in being able to serve alongside you at St. Stephen’s.  


Peace,

 Fr. Jamie Parsley
Priest-in-Charge

No comments:

5 Lent

March 17, 2024   Jeremiah 31.31-34; John 12.20-33   + I have never made a secret of a simple fact of my spiritual life: I am a seeke...