Friday, August 29, 2008

Prayer for the soul of my aunt Anna

Dear Friends,

I ask your prayers for the soul of my aunt, Anna Parsley, who died suddenly and unexpectantly this afternoon (August 29). I also ask your prayers for her husband, Jim, and their daughters and families.

Anna was one of my favorite aunts and one to whom I was very close.

I will be presiding at her memorial Burial Office next week sometime.

Into your hands, O merciful Savior, we commend your servant, Anna. Acknowledge we humbly beseech you, a sheep of your own fold, a lamb of your flock, a sinner of your own redeeming. Receive her into the arms of your mercy, into the blessed rest of everlasting peace, and into the glorious company of the saints in light. Amen.

May her soul and the souls of all the departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

No comments:

Palm Sunday

  March 24, 2024   Mark 15.1-39   +   This coming week is, of course, Holy Week.   As this Holy Week begins, I find myself a bit...